Monday, August 6, 2012

Added features in v1.7.x

v1.7.17
- supports Serbian
- fixed some bugs

v1.7.16
- 'Direct call', shortcut of 'other' type, works well on all devices
- fixed a bug in scaling image for shortcut
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.15
- improved quality of scaled image
- less memory use when using site preview on bookmark page
- fixed some bugs

v1.7.14
- fixed to display properly the background image used for shortcut icon
- applys theme background image of app parcels when dragging out
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.13
- fixed to draw full page just after screen on for all devices
- uses lower memory when using big images for background of shortcuts
- less battery use in resizing mode of cover page
- fixed to display page labels just back from preferences
- removed the bug that page transition can be stopped by multi touch
- fixed some bugs

v1.7.12
- fixed to draw the right page to exact position with sliding animation on landscape mode
- fixed to position wallpaper properly when restarting

v1.7.11
- disabled long click on cover page when locked
- fixed the error of changing icon of apps in parcel
- displays proper size for customized icons of popup menu on high resolution devices
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.10
- reduced some lag when returning to home page by home key
- supports Danish
- open official blog for Korean
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.9
- fixed force close by uninstalling or updating applications
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.8
- fixed the error of lost widgets after rebooting on Jellybean
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.7
- fixed the bug when editing shortcut in landscape mode

v1.7.6
- quick bug fix in page edit dialog

v1.7.5
- fixed to display properly big size image
- fixed the error that can occur when editing shortcut
- fixed some bugs and optimized

v1.7.3~4
- fixed blurry images used in shortcut

v1.7.1~2
- quick bug fix

v1.7.0
- strong resistance against background kill on low system memory
- additional option,'Use notification', to make more resistant against background kill
- optimizing for efficient memory use
- removed lags for some animations
- new formatted text for 'unread gmails'
- importing resources(fonts, icons and images) from folder
- an option to set different page backgrounds for each of portrait and landscape
- fixed some bugs and optimized

34 comments:

  1. Hey man!
    I'm loving your launcher!
    I just have so much freedom to do whatever I want and that's why I've been telling everyone to buy this app. haha.

    Anyways, one thing i'm not sure, is it possible to set the wallpaper to the... 'wide mode' i guess? So that the picture moves left and right as I swipe the screen?

    Thanks again for developing such application.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for using.
      You can scroll wallpaper by checking the option 'Scroll wallpaper' in menu > preferences.

      Delete
  2. Hello developers. Kudos for such awesome app. Works wonderfully in my Galaxy Note. The only problem is there is certain amount of lag while changing homescreen. Hope you guys can rectify that.

    One more thing, is it possible to place wallpaer in potrait view and not scrollable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback.
      Could you explain about the lag in detail by email?
      You can make wallpaper not scrollable by turning off the option "Scroll wallpaper" in menu > preferences.

      Delete
  3. Hello developers, thanks for the splendid launcher. This is the best app I bought, it is really Customizable. I love this. Thanks, I hope you do not stop the development. sometimes I find some mistakes, but not serious. After the last update I have problems with the changes of the shortcuts are not persistent. Please, fix this mistake. I use a galaxy tab p6200 with "ICS" Android system. If you want to contact me, I'd be glad to be your testere, this is my mail "gabrielerusso81@gmail.com"
    Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian boy and I help my translation with Google.
    Gabriel "leledroid"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. Please send me email for more support.

      Delete
    2. hello, thanks for the answer, I found the solution to my little problem. for anyone with my problem: go to Settings - go to Development - switch off "close all applications in the background. I hope to help you. Thank

      Delete
  4. Hi dev, just bought the launcher today. Love it. Just one issue:I have problem in determining the right wallpaper size in potrait mode. Most pictures I have added is not displayed (the file name was there but the pic was blank). When I apply the wallpaper, only original theme wallpaper displayed. So I have concluded this might be because of resolution.Using Galaxy Note. Please advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. Please send me a screenshot by email. I will support you.

      Delete
  5. Not sure what changed in 1.7.4, but ssLauncher (and my phone in general) now seems more laggy, or more resource hungry. Not really sure how to describe it. I have the fix enabled to keep it running as a notification when not in focus. I really notice the lag in recent apps view on ICS.
    HTC EVO 4G LTE, running VIPER4G LTE ROM v1.0. No other modifications. v1.6.12 seemed to be a pretty solid build, minus the constant launcher reloads because of crappy memory management on the 4G LTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. The version 1.7.x has been changed in many part of source codes. So it could be little unstable. But I believe it will be better by more updates.

      Delete
  6. Great launcher... But I cannot find dock at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This launcher does not support dock.

      Delete
  7. Hey, ChYK,

    As I've said before, I love the work you've done on this. I've tried other launchers and this is still the best for me. The only tweak I want to make--and cannot figure out how to do it--is to change my icons. I'm currently on stock HTC Gingerbread and want to change the icons to something like ICS or Suave icons. I've tried downloading such themes made for Go Launcher, but then I cannot figure out how to apply them. I've gone through the theme approach on SSLaucher, but nothing's there. I'm not rooted and obviously not skilled. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ssLauncher does not support themes for other launchers.
      If you want to apply the icons in other theme, unpack all icons from it and add them into ssLauncher.

      Delete
  8. Hi,

    There´s a bug when customizing the SSLauncher popup icons. When I customize the icons for the popup they show very tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send a screenshot by email.

      Delete
  9. Hi!
    Is any way put a label on a screen (like a shortcut, but without any actions on tap)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make a shortcut with no target. And uncheck the option 'Auto edit' in menu > preferences > cover page. Then lock the screen (menu > more > lock).

      Delete
  10. Would you please add the ability to create folders, for home screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to drag a parcel(folder) in "Applications" page to your cover page.

      Delete
    2. i'm try drag folders to home page.
      but i want to contacts in the folder adds.
      on the application page no add contact.

      Delete
    3. i'm try drag folders to home page.
      but i want to "DİRECT CALL contacts" in the folder adds.
      on the application page no add contact.

      Delete
  11. With this new version.

    How can I move icons into the folder directly call?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not possible to move a shortcut into a parcel(folder). But you can do it by using another folder app such as 'Start menu for Android', which is my another app for app drawer replacement.

      Delete
  12. I love this launcher, the best for me!
    but a have a problem since version 1.7.8.
    force closing almost every time I try to import a icon from my gallery.
    my friend have the same error...
    you can fix it please?

    sorry for my bad English, I'm using google translator xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know your device model and Android version.

      Delete
  13. Good day developers..

    Mind telling me what is this sspersistent service? Its kinda eating up my battery life. I found that one in apps>running. Is it neccessary to have this one running? If not, how can i get rid of this? Been trying to stop this but it keeps on showing back over and over..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for less background kill of ssLauncher. It does not consume battery because it is an empty service doing nothing.

      Delete